Monday, September 26, 2011

Spencer & Whitney: Creating While Waiting

One of my favorite crafty blogs is Creating While Waiting. The author, Whitney, is an amazingly talented and creative crafter, sewer and photographer. She has such a fun and eclectic style, I can’t help but be happy when I see her creations. Here are a few of my personal favs:

hotairballoon1

These would be adorable for a baby/kid’s room! Who wouldn’t love to have miniature hot air balloons floating above their head as they drift off to sleep?

stump1

How flippin’ cute is this owl family??!? Whenever I try to sculpt, I end up with not-so-cute blobs. I can make a turtle. Yeah, I rock at turtles.

IMG_8979

Love the colors and patterns in this quilt.

I think Whitney needs to open an Etsy shop. I would totally buy her little owls and hot air balloons.

Whitney doesn’t just blog about crafting, she blogs about life, the ups and the downs and their journey towards parenthood. Here is a little blip from her about me section:

I started this blog to document my various crafty creations = creating.  The blog kind of evolved as I decided to be more open about my struggles with infertility.  My husband and I would love to have children, but are learning that it may be quite the journey to get there someday = waiting.  So, there you have it.  Me in a nutshell.  Creating While Waiting. I'm flattered that you would come visit my little nook in the blogosphere where you are sure to find: pictures of my puppy Lizzy and/or handsome husband Spencer, crafty creations, crafty disasters, crafty tutorials, the occasional melt-down, and perhaps a laugh or two.  Thanks for stopping by!

Infertility is something we have been through ourselves. Someone who doesn’t know probably looks at our three beautiful children and think that having them has come easily, perhaps even as a surprise. It took 2 long years for us to conceive our second child- a process that included lots of waiting, testing, surgery and a difficult pregnancy. Our struggles seem like tiny pebbles now, but at the time, it was a giant boulder in our lives that just would not budge. It’s something I wouldn’t wish on anyone, let alone a couple as sweet and wonderful as Whitney and Spencer.

But something wonderful happened this week- Whitney and Spencer have just been approved through LDS Family Services for adoption! Maybe we can be the answers to each other's prayers.<br />spencerandwhitneyadoption.blogspot.com(this girl makes me want to grow my hair long)

Their family and friends (yes, I am related to this amazing girl! okay, my brother married her sister, but still, that counts!) are trying to get as many people as we can to check out Whitney and Spencer’s adoption profile. So if you have a moment, please stop by, check it out, share it on facebook, e-mail it to a friend- just pass it on! Help these two wonderful people become parents with just a click or two.

Spencer & Whitney’s Adoption Profile

Spencer & Whitney’s Adoption Blog

Spencer & Whitney on Facebook

Creating While Waiting

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin